Pressurized rainwater purification unit, plug and play for household
Using our extensive experience in the field we have developed this unit as a "plug and play” system for the purification of rainwater from a rainwater tank. This will purify harvested rooftop rainwater to potable water quality standard for any household or community. - Ideally suited for a 5-6 person household in a multi-story house or for a small community with a centralised rainwater harvesting system.
See example here of a system installation
The unit pre-set and tested to 6 Bar in our factory and can be installed and connected by a good plumber and an electrician.
The system consists of:
• A stainless steel frame (1.2m x 0.65m x 0.9m) which can be easily transported and protects the whole system.
• A Silent Grundfoss multistage booster pump set that will provide 40l – 50l of purified rainwater per minute at 3.5 to 5 bar. The pump is coupled to a Global Water Solutions’ 24 litre PressureWave® series pressure tank. The pressure tank increases the longevity of the pump and reduces the energy consumption of the system, which makes it perfect for solar installations. The design and construction of the PressureWave® pressure tank ensures that the system will operate reliably and efficiently for many years without the need to replace EPDM bladders or recharge the air in the cylinder.
Pump control is provided by Global Water Solutions’ PumpWave® series electronic pump controller. The controller is designed to work in conjunction with the pressure tanks. The cut in pressure can be adjusted from 1.9 to of 3.5bar which is very useful when the system is used in multi-story buildings. The controller protects the pump from dry running when there is no water left in the tank, removing the need for a float switch.
• Our 4 stage water purification unit.
o Stage 1 and 2 filters the water and removes all suspended matter larger than 1 micron from the water.
o Stage 3 contains activated carbon and KDF process media. The activated carbon removes any residual color and odor that might be present in the water. The KDF process media safely reduce or remove chlorine, iron, hydrogen sulfide and heavy metals from the water, the internal media redox reaction also inhibits the growth of bacteria, algae, and fungi.
o Stage 5 sterilizes the water via a concentrated Ultraviolet within in a stainless tube. The Stainless steel UV light is sized to match the flowrate. The UV water sterilizer effectively kill any algae, fungi, bacteria, viruses that remain in the water. It is thus a completely physical way to sterilize water and does not require any chemicals and generates no secondary pollution.
In order to eliminate the risk of accidentally pumping rainwater into the municipal supply, we recommend the installation of a a backflow preventer valve and all ancillaries for installation - this is a legal requirement for a rainwater harvesting system.
The unit requires a 220V, 15 amp power supply to operate effectively
Other items included in the package. :
• PVC pipes, valve, fittings
• Stainless steel pressure gauges and non-return valves
• 220V connection box
• Detailed advice and installation instructions
The unit is in stock and can be shipped within two days to any major town in South Africa.
Delivery time 1-2 weeks
We Also Recommend